Xmods-planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xmods-planet

The place for Xmods, and cars!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crawling again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
greenday

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Crawling again Empty
PostSubject: Crawling again   Crawling again Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Hello fellas:

Most of you haven't seen anything crawl-related since my "Lifted Lux" Escalade project, which never really took off. Unable to live without a crawler, I started refining by existing crawler. The huge, gawky Futaba S3003 was pitched for a smaller, Hitec Hs-55. Next, the trans was rebuilt with all new parts with locked front and rear differntial. The batteries were relocated, and the whole truck was overall cleaned up. The slammed rims were coated with silver for a neater look, and anything weak was either replaced or re-worked. I just tested it to see what had come of my truck, and I was delighted to see my forward action was up to par, as it had been lacking before. (Gears slipped constantly) However, my reverse was seemingly non-existent. I have located my problem to be where I drilled the POT shaft too much, allowing the final gear to wobble or not swing in a circle, causing problems with gear mesh. I am not to upset with weak reverse, but I would prefer having it, as it is useful on the trail. If you can help me any on this matter, it would be greatly appreciated. I have ordered a 1984 GMC Pickup truck, and some Aoshima Super Swamper tires with Pentacle wheels. I am using these with my truck to create one similar to Xmodification's. However, it will be much different, in the paint-scheme. I plan on a color from Dupli-Color, so I have an authentic vehicle. Here are some chasiss pictures for you to enjoy and discuss.

Thank you,
Tyler Walker

Crawling again 101_1170

Crawling again 101_1171

Crawling again 101_1173

Crawling again 101_1176

Crawling again 101_1172
Back to top Go down

Crawling again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xmods-planet :: Xmods :: Xmods Projects-