Xmods-planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xmods-planet

The place for Xmods, and cars!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A "dissassembled" view of rice.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-07

A "dissassembled" view of rice. Empty
PostSubject: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 am

Ricer. A word none of us wants to be called.
Some people seem to have a convoluted view of the term "rice"s original meaning.
So just to clear things up, a "rice" modification is NOT something that makes your car look unsubtle and extreme. A rice mod is something the owner of the car puts on the car, expecting the modification to make the car go faster. (Such as a body kit, 17-deck spoiler, or 23,598,734,659,847 inch exhaust pipe) Which will cause EXACTLY the opposite effect, as most body kits will cause more drag, decreasing maximum speed on straights.

Now, someone who adds a body kit and KNOWS it won't help performance is doing it to set his car out from everyone else's. There's a difference between rice and customization. Most people will do this even if they know they are risking being called a "ricer."

Sleeper cars seem to be the only kind of car accepted as "non-rice" now. So don't expect a good-looking car to go fast, and don't expect a stock-looking car to run like a snail. On another note, don't call someone a ricer if A) you don't know them or B) you don't know what their car can do. There's probably nothing exciting about calling someone a ricer and then watching them blow past your car at it's top speed.

~Echo
Back to top Go down
Spade
ARX club member
Spade

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:03 pm

youre a ricer.

it can be defined as many things. somethings blend into the definition like mad decals and graphics. I mainly classify rice as over the top looks and parts that only look fast or give the appearance of high performance.

a large body sticker or fake hoodscoop respectively for example
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:14 pm

I agree with you, but if it actually HAS high performance, is it not okay to look the part?
Back to top Go down
Spade
ARX club member
Spade

PostSubject: Re: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:16 pm

I do not understand that one.

like a subtle lip kit and spoiler, sure, makes a car more aerodynamic.

a lightweight, simple bodykit, of course
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:32 pm

That's what I'm saying.
But in that last post, I was talking about graphics. If you have the performance to back it up, is it not okay to use graphics to customize your car to look fast?
Like, if it goes fast is it still not a good thing to make it look like it?
Back to top Go down
Spade
ARX club member
Spade

PostSubject: Re: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:18 pm

I think the whole philosophy of "looking fast" is completely mediocre and plain out stupid.

make the car look how you want it to. its your car. I'm not saying to put a bunch of decals on your car, but a sublte stripe or design to make it your own aint a bad thing
Back to top Go down
bigbrothercorey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:54 pm

In my opinion, a ricer, Is a car that has no performance modification, So If it has a big body kit, and performance parts it therefore called a sleeper.

Like I used to have this red Delsol. And people always called it rice. But I could smoke alot of the competition.

Im not sure if youve seen it, but Xmod freak, had it for a while. Unfortuantly he sold it without telling me.
Back to top Go down
Spade
ARX club member
Spade

PostSubject: Re: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:09 pm

no, that thing was not a sleeper. sleeper is mostly stock on the outside, and mostly done up on the engine.

thats what I'm gonna do to my RSX-S. but ehh, just ihe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "dissassembled" view of rice.   A "dissassembled" view of rice. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A "dissassembled" view of rice.
Page 1 of 1