Xmods-planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xmods-planet

The place for Xmods, and cars!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spade
ARX club member
Spade

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine Empty
PostSubject: Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine   Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:17 pm

OK, so for Christmas a year ago I got a 1/10 Kyosho FW-05T with a M3 body. it was 2 speed and went over 50MPH.

but it had problems everyweek. first was the glow plug, 2 weeks after use I had to get a new one, as it wudn't ignite. another week, and it refused to brake or turn on command, and idle speed was up. had to get a new servo. a week later it wudn't budge, a leaf was stuck in the gears. went good for another 2 weeks until when it wud stall instead of shift. I left it down for a week then took it again to the hobby store who then made it shift sooner. it didn't sound as nice, but atleast it was working. a few weeks later it didn't want to keep running and was reluctang to start. took it in and got it "tuned". but then I was ripping it on a hot thursday at 12 o clock. I heard a click like another leaf got stuck, the wheels were locked up and came to a halt much faster than its crappy brakes cud have done. thanks alot eduardo at hobby superstore. you tuned it to run too lean last time I was there and...

...the engine blew.

so guess whats the cost this time. 115$ for a new engine. when the whole car cost 270$

my question is, shud I do that? I'm getting a bit bored of my 16MPH radioshack RSX and my recent ebay 100$ car short circuited and blew up when it got wet with the battery in there. (luckily I heard it, was already in drive with the RL)

moreso, is a DIY part fix or whole thing kinda deal. I know the connecting rod is broken in 2 and it shudn't be, and I can take apart or reassemble the engine, but is that the only problem? shud I just forget about it?
Back to top Go down
mr death

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine   Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:39 am

forget about a kyosho engine full stop
the small block engines are total crap
best bet is to search ebay and get a force or hpi 15 size that will run very nice in your car
iv raced with the kyosho gx12 and it blew every race thankfully i was sponsord by them so it didnt cost me to get a new/repaird engine
Back to top Go down
Spade
ARX club member
Spade

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine   Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:41 pm

I have a HPI RS4, which I can pull the engine out of (doubt if it runs well but its not blown) but that is a 4 screw, the kyosho is 3. thanks tho, I will search ebay.

what car do you have?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine   Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question bout my 1/10 kyosho with a blown engine
Page 1 of 1