Xmods-planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xmods-planet

The place for Xmods, and cars!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
merc3des

merc3des

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-21

The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial   The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:31 pm

This isn't much of a tutorial but it is a guide.
Many people have argued my method, saying it is just one big piece of crap lying in a forum. Do it and like it. If you don't try it, you won't know
Generation 1 Cars work best with this method.

Step 1 to a drifter: LITHIUM LITHIUM LITHIUM
Install lithium in your car. It is the single best upgrade on Earth, scratch that, the UNIVERSE! I reccomend the lithium packs from www.Atomicmods.com as they are professionally made. OR make your own pack, this increases life since the lithium packs can sit on shelves for a while.

Tutorial for Generation 1 Lithium
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Tutorial-1-28-XMODS-Generation-1-Ion-Pro-2S-Pack-Installation.aspx
Tutorial for Evolution Lithium
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Tutorial-1-28-XMODS-Evolution-Poly-Pro-Pack-Installation.aspx

Step 2:
AWD, All wheel drive is essential. Many people are mistaken when they think FWD or RWD is better for drifting. Instead of using the red differential gears in the front(bearing differential), use another white differential (gear differential), this creates a great force in the front making the rear wheels slip.

Optional Step 2a: Locking both differentials helps keeps the car in continuous drift, making it easier to sustain a long linked drift.

Step 3:
Trim the front knuckles if you have a generation 1. You want the rear to have more friction!
Tutorial to trim the front knuckles
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Tutorial-1-28-XMODS-Generation-1-Steering-Knuckle-Trimming.aspx

Step 4: The engine plays a large role in drifting. Using a Stage 2 isn't so smart, but anything more powerful is retarded. I use a stage 1 and white pinion because there is greater torque and less rpms. Starting a drift immediatly really is a good opening to any line of drifting

Step 5: Move the battery pack as far forward as possible, less weight in the back makes it easier for the rear to slip.

Step 6: If you are using a generation 1 install a tight turns upgrade so you can perform much tighter drifts and link them easier. If you are running an Evolution or don't feel like installing tight turns, use the largest degree tie-rod.

Step 7 (Optional): Make all your car directly soldered or deans plugged. This allows more power and quick response from the car.

Step 8: Suspension, the most disputed part of this guide. You want a more sensitive set in front then in rear. I use blue in front and red in the rear, total opposite of what my track car is..

Step 9: Extend your chassis as long as it can go. The less concentrated weight in the rear makes it easier. I made my car from medium size to long size. If you completed Step 5 there should be a good 1/2 inch of space between the batteries and the rear tires (Gen 1).

Step 10: Tires. If you are using lithium use the grippiest and most treaded tires you have. At first you may not be able to drift but when they break in they are incredible. If you are running Ni-Mh or other batteries use hard tread tires.

TRY IT!

Here's a picture of my car. It was when drift tires were on it, the drift tires didn't work at all. I heard that if you work in soft tread its great so I did.

The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial 0a0d_110
Back to top Go down
Spade
ARX club member
Spade

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial   The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:38 pm

good tut. might try it on my RSX once I fix the range problem. all I get is fishtails
Back to top Go down
Xmod_Freak
Admin
Xmod_Freak

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial   The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:39 pm

Nice Guide. And what u said about drifting AWD. I cant do it, I can only drift in RWD with foams on the back and drift tires on the front.
Back to top Go down
https://xmods-planet.forumotion.com
Spade
ARX club member
Spade

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial   The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:43 pm

I'll try that as well. cause I'm using the evo most of the time. how wud softs in rear and hards in front work? remember, I'm on a roller hockey rink or smooth garage floor.
Back to top Go down
Xmod_Freak
Admin
Xmod_Freak

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial   The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:51 pm

well it lets the frontires slide, and gives traction to the rear tires, therefore propelling the car forwards without slidng friction acting on the front wheels.
Back to top Go down
https://xmods-planet.forumotion.com
merc3des

merc3des

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial   The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:48 pm

The trick is a white differential in front, not the red gear. That only applies to generation one. IF you want you take a Generation 1 white gear and make a custom front gear. My friend on XMF did a tutorial. Link is as followed. Just try working in soft treaded tires. Its amazing, seriously, like sex but less orgasmic. Jk, well try working in soft tread tires.

Although the tut is gen 1 you just trim the bottom part of the gear more for evo.

LINK:
http://xmodsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3551
Back to top Go down
merc3des

merc3des

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial   The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:55 pm

I'll have a video up as soon as I get home to the big apple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial   The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Drifter, Dream or Reality? Guide not a Tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xmods-planet :: Xmods :: Tutorials-
Jump to: